Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Beer Diaries

So I thought about it a lot, and I figure I'm enough of a beer snob that I should be keeping a beer diary.

So here's how it starts:

Right now I'm planning on brewing an IPA. I'm going to follow a generic recipe, but I want to aggressively dry hop it in the secondary fermenter. I'm looking for something like Smuttynose IPA.

Now drinking: Wild Goose IPA. Made outside Baltimore at the Frederick Brewing Company. Wild Goose consistantly has good beers, and they are all readily available in my area. Most importantly, I can get this microbrew at $20/case at my local liqour store. Hoorah. Gery and I have gone through at least four cases of this beer in the last month or two. This beer is clean and crisp with a nice bitter aftertaste and a reasonable hop aroma. It's not superhopped, but it's a good, all-around drinkable beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home