Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Life Updates


Well, first and foremost, I have gotten my lappy back!

Yes, I got it back, with a brand new motherboard, at no cost (including shipping).

The best part, however, is that my hard drive was intact with no files missing! Phew! Rest assured, I have already started backing up all my files onto cds. Won't make that mistake again...

Perhaps now I will do a slightly better job of returning "the emails, the emails..."

So what have I done with my pretty little self since Bonnaroo? Wellllll... I've seen some more good shows, as a matter of fact. I saw a double header of Phil Lesh & Friends and Trey Anastasio & Mike Gordon. Trey played most of a set with Phil, and even sang on Candyman and a few others. I felt like I made up for the Superjam I missed at 'roo. A week later I was at Radio City Music Hall with the girl. We saw Ratdog and String Cheese Incident. I'd never seen either band before, though I'd heard great things about them. For starters, lets say that RCMH is a hell of a great place to see a show - some of the best acoustics I've ever heard at a rock show. String Cheese? I'll definitely be seeing them again. And Ratdog? Let's just say I no longer mind that I never saw the Greatful Dead before Jerry died.

CheeseDog was followed by the bizzare though fun occasion of my cousin's wedding. Russian Orthodox wedding. The short version: funny hats! monotone blessings! relics = bones and fingernails! saints with 6-pack abs but no nipples! Strangest wedding reception ever! I think I ate tongue! Wedding-related videos were interspersed with shakira and 50 cent! There is more, but I really couldn't begin to describe it right now.

The day after that, my 'rents finally came by and visited the garden. They were suitably impressed. I was, however, a bit disappointed I didn't get the chance to introduce them to more of my coworkers.

I've also been learning more plants, and doing more planty things, and thinking about the future, and buying whatnots I can't really afford to buy. Typical gimpadelic stuff, really. Hopefully I'll get my first Rich Planty Goodness post up in forever in the next few days... watch for it - there will be slab gardens and enormous fragrant flowers. Flowers like this:


4 Comments:

Blogger digiphile said...

More pictures, please.

That one's gorgeous. Downright Flickr worthy, in fact.

Thanks for updating your sidebar. It forced me to update my blog, for fear the the resulting torrent of Sempervivum traffic would find naught but stale and underwhelming old posts.

I envy your attention to the music scene. I plan to see Guster. I passed up (an expensive) opportunity to see DMB at Fenway, but couldn't financially justify it.

I'll never have better seats than second row center in the Alfrond Field House, certainly not at that price.

Glad to see you back online - and with an intact HD. I'm glad to hear you've begun backing up; I love my external HD. That "one-touch" thing is almost as cool as Amazon One-Click shopping and considerably less expensive in the long run...

12:12 AM  
Blogger mighty shifty said...

I just read "the girl" 's open letter.

I have a bit of a doubt about some stuff there.

They say surge supressors are good, but you could also consider the following.

computers in multiple locations, Redundant arrays of independent disks, battery backup, replication, AI, renters insurance or not living on a giant copper mountain. All should be considered in the best interest of your data.

just a thought.

glad you back, happy to harass.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Derek Armstrong said...

I'm starting to doubt the "alive and kicking" portion of your self-description, though I don't doubt you are painfully oblivious to our need to receive blog updates.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Derek Armstrong said...

It's been nearly two months since your last post. Can we get some death updates instead?

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home