Tuesday, March 14, 2006

George Clooney is the Man

Sorry, this is going to be another political post. Sorta. I just wanted to say that I really like George Clooney. Good actor, smart man, wise politics. He blogs, ever-so-periodically, at Huffington Post. I really liked what he had to say in his Oscar speech, but what I really like is what he recently wrote about the namby-pamby democrats. I think it applies equally to our snoozing, Bush-coddling press:

In 2003, a lot of us were saying, where is the link between Saddam and bin Laden? What does Iraq have to do with 9/11? We knew it was bullshit. Which is why it drives me crazy to hear all these Democrats saying, "We were misled." It makes me want to shout, "Fuck you, you weren't misled. You were afraid of being called unpatriotic."
Full text here. It's not very long. And while I'm at it, three cheers for Senator Feingold (D-WI), first for coming forth with a call to officially censure President Bush for his lawbreaking, second for calling out the cowering Democrats:

I’m amazed at Democrats, cowering with this president’s numbers so low. The administration just has to raise the specter of the war and the Democrats run and hide. … Too many Democrats are going to do the same thing they did in 2000 and 2004. In the face of this, they’ll say we’d better just focus on domestic issues. … [Democrats shouldn’t] cower to the argument, that whatever you do, if you question the administration, you’re helping the terrorists.
Also, witness the predictable, pathetic response, compliments of Senator Wayne Allard (R-CO), who declared in a Fox News (where else?) interview that Feingold was "siding with the terrorists".
Oh, and Vance? You didn't look at Rich Planty Goodness, did you? I did a massive post about the Philadelphia Flower Show over the weekend. Pthbbbt!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you know, I like planty goodness, I just don't like elitist, tax-break planty goodness -- you know, I like the poor kind, like me, not the rich kind.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, quite massive, but also a tad impenetrable to those of us who haven't studied botany.

Phlppht!!!

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Thanks for posting again. Jeez.

7:49 AM  
Blogger mighty shifty said...

it turns out g-cloon is less the man then it seemed he was, as he half took back what he said, stating the quotes were accurate, but out of context...which seems a little wishy washy to me seeing as everyone knows that every hollywood interview is just a bunch of soundclips amounting to 1/1032nd of what was actually said...

come on george...we know you said it...you said you said it...you knew they were only going to keep the good stuff...it is the nature of the biz.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home