Saturday, March 05, 2005

More Plants

By god, I'm going to make a trough this weekend. Due to the cold weather and my lack of masochism, I'm going to do the grout-over-foam style, since it can be accomplished in my laundry room. I've got to try experimenting with this sand and the grout, as well as perlite and vermiculite, to see if I can come up with a more natural, rock-like texture for the troughs. And my latest sketchings make me pretty excited for landscaping in my yard. If, of course, I ever actually own my yard.

News:

I found the coarse sand that Willy had - it is in the construction materials (cement, etc) and is labeled "medium sand".

Even more crocuses are popping out all over the place. The snowdrops are so tiny that they are lost out in the beds. I will probably try to transfer them to a trough this summer.

My smaller nepenthes is starting to grow a pitcher!

One of the pitchers (Drosera sp.) is putting out a big flower stalk. So is a venus fly trap.

I added a cobra lily to the terrarium - like a pitcher with a big curved hood on top.

Inspiration: find some kind of house plant I can use to grow "fur" through my abandoned wire frame cat shaped cd rack.

I should really be doing research on transplanting alpine seedlings, but that's a lot less fun than getting your hands dirty.

Ok. Coffee time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home