Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Weekend Update, belated.




Yes. To the best of my knowledge, a splendid time was had by all.

Democrublican didn't just lend a hand, he lent four or five. Don't ask. Suffice to say there were numerous guests who commented on the cleanliness of the house. And commented on the fact that it have never been so clean before. Or something like that.

Inspired by my friend Fink the chef, We had a vaguely churasscaria (sp?) style feast. We kept the grill hot and made up some delicious treats including:

Tuscan-style Ribeye
Peppercorn-Garlic Pork Tenderloin.
Wild Boar Sausage
Chicken Breast in Vinagerette
Swordfish (oops, apparently we're not supposed to eat swordfish)
Tuna in Soy-Lime glaze
Spicy Grilled Shrimp (w/paprika and garlic - orgasmic)
Portabello caps with marinade
Various grilled veggies.

And did I mention beer?

Anyway, a splendid time was had by all.

And now I am old.

And as birthday gifts go, how about dad, who is making me a fly rod. Not buying for me, making for me. Pretty cool.

Though this was pretty cool too:

2 Comments:

Blogger digiphile said...

Heh. And double heh. Your recounting of the suaree (again with the bad French spelling here - should match your Brazilian Portuguese (churrascaria is correct, btw) is much more, um, *detailed* than mine, especially with regard to the menu.

Which, by the way, reads like a restaurant's entree of the evening.

I think you need to follow up with a post on the various beers and wines that were available too!

Anyway, GO DAD.

That's pretty special. I have a handmade bamboo flyrod; do you think he would be able to help me repair it?

Oh, and I'm glad I took that last picture. Heh^3.

Happy birthday, G.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Moxie said...

So that's the girlie, eh? I can tell what was really on the menu...

Happy birthday, my sun and stars.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home