Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Odds and Ends

First, how embarassed am I about my earlier post about abandoning New Orleans? Not that I don't stand by it, because I do, though as the crisis has unfolded and appeared worse and worse every day, it becomes more clear that now isn't exactly the time to bring that up. But truly, the embarassing thing to me: I wondered if any politician would have the balls to suggest it publicly. And one did. But of all the politicians, did it have to be Dennis Fucking Hastert? I guess I should count myself lucky it wasn't Tom Delay. I'll still stand by the gist of my earlier statement though, and I'll admit that I agree with Denny about something (god help me). If we must rebuild in the exact same place, we need to do it in the same mindset of cities like San Franciso and Los Angeles. We need to assume that this will happen again, and we need to plan for it, or more importantly, engineer for it.

Second, the coolest picture I have ever taken, which I previously mentioned , is this one:
I have no idea why this picture came out so well, particularly since my digital camera doesn't autofocus very fast... hey ladies, as far as I know, he's single at the moment...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home