Monday, March 14, 2005

Graduation Killed the Radio Star

At the moment I am listening to old cassette tapes from college. Specifically, I am listening to recordings of my own show on good ol' WMHB. They seem to span much of my dj career (of 4 years...). I'm pretty sloppy in the earlier ones, fairly polished in the newer ones, as one could expect.

At least all the music is (fairly) good.

A taste of the Peter Church Show (with your host Gimpadelic): From sometime late in the fall of 1993:

In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel
Teen Angst - Cracker
Stripped - Depeche Mode
I Dream of Jesus - Dead Milkmen
Want to Get High - Cypress Hill
Boys Don't Cry - Cure
Skankin' to the Beat - Fishbone
Within Your Reach - Replacements
Plush (acoustic) - Stone Temple Pilots
You Can't Blame the Youth - Bob Marley
Head Like a Hole - NIN

How's that for a lineup?

Anyway, it's very weird to hear one's own voice on tape. Especially on tape from ten years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home