Friday, October 28, 2005

Do Your Earholes a Favor



Go see Yonder Mountain String Band the next time they're in your town.

I saw them Wednesday night in Baltimore with G and the girl.

These guys are a lot more than a talented bluegrass band. Perhaps they're a bit newgrass. I don't know. They combine the instrumentation and skill of a bluegrass quartet with the energy and hippy-vibe of a jam rock band. I believe the term for that is Jamgrass. Ass-kickin' jam grass.

As an aside, this was the first show I'd been to at Ramshead Live. It's a really nice venue, and I look forward to seeing more shows there. The only thing disconcerting is that it looks like it was designed by the same people that did the Student Center at Colby.

Plus, they sold me a sweet looking poster:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Student Center. 2 inches beer on floor. Me in black toga plastic flowers in hair, speaking in tongues. That was the night I met Sgt. Barnes.

Hooooooooo-eeeeeeeee.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home