Monday, August 29, 2005

Busy Weekend


A busy weekend without as much slacker or chore time. But I did lots of things, so the laundry/dishes/vacuuming/filing/sorting will just be delayed for the millionth time. In addition to spending a lot of time sweating my future, there was a bunch of other stuff...

So. Saturday, I went gaming with the geeks. Arrived a bit late, missed the beginning of the first game. Played a bunch of Magic. Got stuck in a game that went on forever. Missed the start of the next "big" game. Played more magic. Left, Baltimore to make it to A's for a scrabble date(?). I am beginning her education as a scrabble player. First goal: Get her to stop pishing away all her S's. Second goal: get her to kick her mom's ass. Third goal: Figure out where this train is headed. This would be a lot easier if she wasn't easy on the eyes. Or the most interesting conversation I've had in months. Or a mother of two.

Home very late.

Sunday: Up very early. Met up with MeanG and GayBee (as well as my niece, Rosie) at the National Arboretum.






Highlights included the water gardens/koi pond, the Capital Columns, the little trees, and the Gotelli Dwarf Conifer collection.




I think the Arboretum really needs a rock garden. I wonder who the appropriate person to talk to about that would be...



Alas, if only I had the time, money, inclination, and property to do amazing things with plants at my house. Anyway, more Rich Planty Goodness from the arboretum this way.


Home late in the afternoon. Futzed about the yard. Worried about my housing/life situation. You know, the usual.

Watched Rome. I suppose the boobies should be enough to get me back for next week. Though I'm not sold on the show otherwise. Yet. It did look good though. But will it be good enough?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get a pic of Rosie grizzly-vs.-salmon-ing the koi?

We had so much fun...can't wait to hang again.

2:31 PM  
Blogger digiphile said...

I've heard of much worse weekends! Gaming all days instead of cleaning ^ organizing? Brilliant! Exploring the National Arboretum (a much more impressive spot than the "National Aquarium in DC, BTW) on a beautiful August weekend? Smashing! So there - nice work. And keep up with the pretty plant pictures!

3:52 PM  
Blogger digiphile said...

Oh, and I noticed you changed ye olde profile - no longer pushing 30 but arrived, eh? Also - if you can crawl and drool, you can garden, so I see no need for a minimum age limit beyond those constraints.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home