Monday, December 19, 2005

Old Farts


For your amusement: a photo unearthed from the extensive portfolio of momma and poppa gimp:

Featuring, from left to right: The Baggy one, Gimpadelic, and Calanctus. Circa March 1993

If memory serves, we were busy bogging down Mossy's new Mac Classic with burps, farts, and various humorous clips ("electronic sausage", "the comfy chair", and "icky-icky-ptang-ni-wom-zowie" spring to mind).

Please note the lack of hair where this is now hair, and the places where hair once was, but is found no longer. Also, bags has puffy face, while gimp and calanctus have skinny face. These situations have reversed themselves in the last 12 years or so.

First thought on seeing this picture: "So THAT'S why my dad was constantly telling me to cut my hair..."

5 Comments:

Blogger digiphile said...

Color me amused.

Scratch that.

LOL.

YOUR hair is still as puffy as ever, though the skinny, furless face makes that boufant do of yours look ever so much more...mushroomy.

When all else has been done and said, along comes Gimpy PuffyHead.

Or something.

Is that Mac an aquarium yet?

1:45 PM  
Blogger gimpadelic said...

Puffy it may be, but I still had twice as much hair then as I do now. At that stage, I could probably pull some of those curls all the way down into my mouth.

Good Oysterhead ref.

That mac, to the best of my knowledge, is still funcitonal.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Moxie said...

That's the Gimp I remember from freshman year. The skinny kid with big hair and a wacky sense of humor who installed burps on my computer. Somehow your chicken legs have survived the years, never mind the hair.

9:24 PM  
Blogger mighty shifty said...

what the

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look like Flea if Flea were in a British new wave band ca. 1981.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home